As professional voice-users, Mayors, Deputy-Mayors and Councillors are expected to demonstrate confidence, credibility and presence at all times when appearing in public.
Holding responsible positions where they are always on view, they are required to maintain free and open channels of communication with colleagues and the general public, in a large array of communication contexts: council meetings, surgeries, telephone calls, formal public appearances and functions.
They are also expected to present and communicate in a poised and experienced manner in recorded live meetings for podcasts, and interviews on TV and Radio; these demands can challenge even the most experienced and confident public speakers leading to a loss of vocal quality, gravitas, and confidence, as fatigue and nerves take over.
Coaching with Confidently Speaking offers local government representatives a wide-range of training modules to enable them to perform at their peak in all conditions. The modules, can be taken either as a stand-alone, or through a blended, personalised training programme.
The content and coaching methodology has a proven track record of effectiveness with Mayors, Deputy Mayors and Councillors.
- Public Speaking Skills
- Elocution and Speech training
- Impact and Influence training
- Non-verbal gestures and eye contact
- Voice training
- Confident communication on camera
- Rapport and Empathy Soft Skills training
- Minimising nerves and Effective Self-management skills
- Vocal Health and Voice care
- small scale groups
- Larger group workshops
- One-to-one – Minimum booking: 2 hours for the first session, 1.5 hours thereafter
- Group – Minimum booking: 3 hours.
Training channels and settings:
- Skype or FaceTime
- At home Town Hall, or other Council office across the UK (call out fee may apply)
- At Garden Studios, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ.